La Plata & Waldorf Expungement Lawyer
Charles County Expungement Attorney
The state of Maryland allows, in certain situations, the clearing of law enforcement records. This process is known as expunction and removes all records of an event from law enforcement courts and governmental databases. Once your record has been expunged, you are permitted to legally deny that you were arrested and charged with the expunged offense. Expungement has numerous advantages and if you are looking to start over with a clean slate, this service may be perfect for you. I am ready to assist you as your La Plata & Waldorf expungement lawyer.
There are numerous reasons to get an expunction including:
- Prospective employers often do background checks on job candidates
- Tenant housing providers may be able to reject your application based on past arrests or convictions
- Some criminal records can affect your ability to obtain professional licensing
- Non-citizens may face negative immigration consequences
- Police officers can view your criminal record if they pull you over for a traffic stop
- Expungement laws may change in the future
How do I get my record expunged?
If it is determined that you are eligible for an expunction, I can prepare a petition that is signed by you and filed with the District Court. This initiates the expunction lawsuit and the lawsuit is served to any governmental agency that has any of the records, while a hearing is scheduled with the District Court. If the expunction is granted, you will then be legally permitted to deny that an arrest or criminal charges ever took place on job applications, housing applications, and most other forms that will require a background check. It is important to consider time constraints, as it may not be possible to get all records removed immediately after you have been granted the expunction.
Call The Law Office of Hammad S. Matin today at (240) 776-6304 or (877) 838-4693 to learn more about the expungement services that our La Plata & Waldorf expungement lawyers offer.